Apprentice/Trainee Civil Technician – Swindon
We are looking for an Apprentice/Trainee Civil Engineering Technician to join our growing Swindon office. This is a full-time permanent role that would suit a school college leaver. We combine work-based on-the-job training and a day release training programme at college studying either a BTEC or HNC in Civil Engineering.
Role Summary: You will report to the Principal Engineer or Senior Technician and will work as part of a team to prepare drawings and calculations on a range of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of drawings and supporting documents including design calculation for checking approval
- Take part in all aspects of projects
- Technical compliance with all statutory and Quality Management System procedures and guidance notes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum C Grade in GCSE Maths & English
- An interest in civil and structural engineering
- Willingness to develop CAD skills
- No previous experience necessary
To see the benefits offered and our training and development plans please see our ‘Employee Benefits’ careers page.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to Lisa Watts our Head of Human Resources or complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Structa LLP, High Trees, Hillfield Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4AA
tel: 01494 419 850