Senior Structural Technician – Swindon
We are looking for a Senior Structural Technician to join our busy Swindon office. You will have already been successful in the execution of project drawing work, managing your own workload and that of junior members of your team. You should be highly skilled and motivated and have a passion for high-quality delivery.
Role Summary: You will report to the Principal Engineer for your team and will have responsibility for the successful completion of drawing work and improving the delivery of projects in your team. You will be highly skilled, a good communicator and able to develop relationships with fellow professionals and make a positive contribution to drawing standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of drawings and supporting documents
- Providing guidance and checking work of other technicians
- Understanding and implementing business management systems
- Overseeing or undertaking issue of documents and document control
- Technical compliance with all statutory and structa Quality Management System procedures and guidance notes
- Assist with the training and appraisal of technical staff
- To enhance and grow the reputation of your team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit or similar drawing packages
- 5+ years experience in a consulting environment
- Knowledge of UK structural engineering design standards and Eurocodes
- Proven ability in engineering drawing production with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
To see the benefits offered and our training and development plans please see our ‘Employee Benefits’ careers page.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to Lisa Watts our Head of Human Resources or complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Structa LLP, High Trees, Hillfield Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4AA
tel: 01494 419 850