Senior Civil Engineer – Swindon
We are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our growing Swindon office. You will have already been successful in delivering a range of Civil Engineering projects in the public and private sector and will have 5+ years experience in a consultancy environment.
Role Summary: You will report to the Principal Engineer for your team and will have responsibility for the successful technical and commercial execution of project work, including managing personnel and resources. You will be highly skilled, a good communicator and able to develop relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking complex analysis and design calculations
- Assisting with resource planning for effective project delivery and financial management
- Providing guidance and checking work of other engineers and technicians
- Understanding and implementing business management systems
- Assisting with the preparation and review of proposals and tenders
- Technical compliance with all statutory and structa Quality Management System procedures and guidance notes
- Assist with the training and appraisal of technical staff
- To enhance and grow the reputation of Structa
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, or alternative equivalent practical experience
- Near Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, Member of ICE or other relevant institution
- 5+ years experience in a consulting environment
- Knowledge of UK structural engineering design standards and Eurocodes
- Proven ability in engineering design & reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
To see the benefits offered and our training and development plans please see our ‘Employee Benefits’ page.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to Lisa Watts our Head of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you.